Hogwarts Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advanced Lesson Two

Go down

Advanced Lesson Two Empty Advanced Lesson Two

Post by Professor Black Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:23 am

"Good day students. Today's lesson will be a tad difficult, but I am confident all of you will succeed. We will be performing Patronus charms. I know they're charms technically, but I also know that they're dead useful when it comes to defending against certain types of Dark magic. Especially Dementors. Now, who can tell me what a Patronus does and what it looks like?" I gave the correct student twenty points. "Alright, the incantation is Expecto Patronum. I want you all to think of the happiest memory you have, and then say the incantation. If you're successful, you'll see something of a Patronus. I will give forty points each since it is such difficult magic if you succeed. Go ahead and begin."
(OOC:Take a couple tries to get it, don't get it right away.)
Professor Black
Professor Black

Back to top Go down

Advanced Lesson Two Empty Re: Advanced Lesson Two

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:21 am

I walked into class excited to hear that we were going to try to summon our patronus today.
Answering Professor Black's question I said, "A patronus is like a positive energy force that shields the wizard from Dementors and Lethifolds."
A little later it was time to try to summon our patronus.
I yelled, "Expecto Patronum!" but only a slight wisp of light came out of my wand.
It seemed like nobody was successful in summoning their patronus, so I felt pretty happy about even getting the slightest wisp of light out of my wand.

Back to top Go down