Hogwarts Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dueling Lesson One (Open to Dueling Students Only)

Go down

Dueling Lesson One (Open to Dueling Students Only) Empty Dueling Lesson One (Open to Dueling Students Only)

Post by Professor Black Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:21 am

I waited as all of the 5th and 6th years piled into the room. "Wow, there are a lot of you," I say. "Well, I love this class more than all the others simply because Dueling is my strong suit and interesting to watch. So I won't go through some long introduction or ask questions. Instead, I will award points to those of you who are successful at the task I'm going to give you all." I look around. "Pair up, now."
The students all grab partners, then look at me confused.
"The first lesson will be disarming. Stand about five feet apart, face each other, and cry Expelliarmus while flicking your wand. That's about all the detail I can really give about the process. Begin."

((OOC: I will let you decide if you get points, but only once per student.))
Professor Black
Professor Black

Back to top Go down

Dueling Lesson One (Open to Dueling Students Only) Empty Re: Dueling Lesson One (Open to Dueling Students Only)

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:07 am

I pair up with Auron, excited to start. Defense Against the Dark Arts was one of my better classes, and Expelliarmus was one of my specialties. We stand next to each other, bow, then turn our backs and walk about five steps each. I smirk. We always make a huge show out of it, unlike the rest of the class who just started throwing the spell at each other the second Professor Black said begin.
We turn and face each other, wands ready. We say at the same time, "Three, Two, One, Go."
"Expelliarmus!" I cry first, flicking my wand at Auron. His wand flies up into the air, and far away, where it is caught by Professor Black. "Excellent Xale, as usual. Five points to Ravenclaw." He tosses Auron's wand back to him, and we begin our "duel" again.

Back to top Go down

Dueling Lesson One (Open to Dueling Students Only) Empty Re: Dueling Lesson One (Open to Dueling Students Only)

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:12 am

I pair up with Luke, and get ready to disarm him.
"Okay, so I'll go easy on you-"
"EXPELLIARMUS!" I cry, and Lukes wand goes flying, and to my satisfaction, hits him in the head.
"Ha!" I say as I laugh at him.
"Okay, okay."
"Great job, Arora! 5 points to Hufflepuff!"Professor Black says
"Alrighty, your turn!" I tell him

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:25 am

Okay, so after that brief embarrassing stint, I get ready, since it's my turn.
"expelliarmus." I say, and her wand goes nowhere.
"Come on, whimp," Arora says, "LOUDER!"
"EXPELLIARMUS!!" I yell, and off goes Arora's wand. One of the 4th years return it to her, and she smiles.
"Nice job Luke, 5 points to Hufflepuff." I nod, and I get back to disarming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:46 pm

So, today in Dueling, I was paired with some Ravenclaw that I don't know, which makes this whole thing even worse. Defense Against the Dark Arts is one of my worst subjects. My partner goes first, and disarms me with ease. I try, and her wand goes nowhere. I keep trying, and I can't seem to get it. I'm about read to give up, when Professor Black comes over and helps me.
"Like this. Expelliarmus." he says, and her wand flies away.
I try to mimic his actions.
"Expelliarmus." I say, and it works! I disarmed her!
"Yes! Thanks for the help, Professor."
"No problem Amber. 5 points to Gryffindor." I smile with accomplishment. Doing something you never though you could does that to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:02 pm

I Smile As The Teacher Explains Everything. Then I Pair Up With My Partner, We Stand Five Feet Apart, Facing Each Other, As The Professor Had Told Us. I Take Out My Wand, Stood, Feet Planted On The Ground. I Turn To My Partner. "I Will Go First." I Say As He Faces Me. I Scream Out, Confidently, "EXPELLIARMUS!" While Flickering My Wand. The Spell Knocks His Wand Out Of His Hand And Onto The Floor.
"Amazing, You Did It Retencia!" He Smiles And Picks Up His Wand Then Does It To Me. "Expelliarmus." He Flicks His Wand Toward Mine, Nothing Happens.
"You Have To Put More Enthusiasm Into Your Spellcasting, It's Alright, Try Again!" So He Tried Again And This Time, With Much More Enthusiasm, He Knocks My Wand Out Of My Hand, "Good Job!"
"Well, Well, Good Job You Two, "Professor Black Says To Us, "5 Points For Each Of Your Houses."
"Thank You Sir!" I Smile And Say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Xale had disarmed me no problem, as I expected. Professor Black returned my wand and gestured for me to give it a shot. We both bowed, turned and paced about five feet apart, and turn.
"Three, two, one GO!" we both respectfully counted.
"Expelliarmus!" I shouted flicking my wand towards Xale. His wand flew out of his hand and I smiled. First try, phew.... I thought as Professor Black returned Xale's wand.
"Well done," he spoke. "Xale must be mentoring you this year." Professor Black smirked as he finished his statement. "Five points for Ravenclaw," he said patting my shoulder as he walked past.
"You didn't try that time," I shot at Xale as he smiled.
"Had to let you practice a little bit," he said winking playfully. He really was toying with me. Xale had always had faster reaction time than I did but he was a fair dueler. "Again?" gestured Xale. I nodded and we continued to practice, Xale beating me almost every time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:18 pm

I had to run an errand for one of the other professors so I was a bit late to Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Professor Black accepted my absentee note and apology with a nod towards a pair of three taking turns dueling each other. He knows me well enough to know I wouldn’t dare miss a moment of class intentionally.
I saunter over to the trio and they nod politely as one of them moves to join me. He ((OOC: or she, if you want to join)) takes the first shot which I easily dodge. Expelliarmus spells are pretty basic. I knock the wand out of his hand on my first try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:58 pm

The Ravenclaw girl who joined over with our trio had come in late, and I had seen her around but never talked to her before. I had been feeling confident in myself after having disarmed my other classmates quite easily.

When she walked over I decided to step up and kind of lazily said "Expelliarmus."

I must had been a little too lazy with the spell, not expecting much of a threat from her, but she easily dodged it and sent my wand flying out of my hand.

I was surprised, but also impressed. I walk over to her and held out my hand, "My names Adrina Gallo. I don't believe we've ever properly met. What's your name?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:25 pm

I stand with Retencia and practice. I'm usually okay at Defense, but Expelliarmus has always been hard for me. She disarms me easily, and I still can't get her. She tells me to do it with more enthusiasm, so I do.
"Expelliarmus!" I cry. Her wand goes flying. I smile as I'm awarded five more points to Slytherin.
((OOC: hope it's okay I joined you Ret even though you said you were with a guy >.>

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:09 pm

(OOC: haha. its alright i just didnt know who to put, lol i dont mind Very Happy)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down