Hogwarts Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defense Intro First Lesson (Open to Defense Intro Students Only)

2 posters

Go down

Defense Intro First Lesson (Open to Defense Intro Students Only) Empty Defense Intro First Lesson (Open to Defense Intro Students Only)

Post by Professor Black Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:02 am

I enter my classroom, ready for my first class. The room is empty, and will remain so for a few minutes. I write on the chalk board "Defense Intro" in large letters, then brush the chalk dust from my hands. It will be a good first day, no doubt about that.
A few students walk in and I grin at them. "Welcome," I say. I feel my hair starting to change into a lighter, happier color. I force it to stay dark. "Please, sit wherever you'd like."
The first years all look nervous, but they sit down, rather close together and near the front. When all of the seats are filled, I stand up, wave my wand to shut the door, and smile at the class. "Hello. I'm Professor Black, and I'll be your Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." I had to cough to not laugh at how boring and repetitive I sounded. "Now, before we begin, does anyone know some of the main reasons for this class being taught?" I ask. A student raises his/her hand and gives a correct answer. "Good. Five points to your house. Now, let's move on, shall we?"
I walk between the aisles. "Now, one of the first things I'm going to teach you is defensive spells. Can anyone name any?" A few students raised hands and answered with some spells. I gave five points for each correct answer. "Good. Now, the first one I'll teach you all is the simplest. Flipendo. Now, I know some of you seem surprised that I am calling this spell a Defensive spell," I add, looking at all of the confused faces, "but I have my reasons. Defensive spells aren't simply incantations to create shields and barriers and block back other spells. They are spells used to help defend yourself.
"Now Flipendo is also called the Knockback Jinx. It pushes its target backwards, so that they are somewhat stunned by the fall, which would allow you to do anything else necessary to fight. Now, everyone choose a partner, and take turns practicing with Flipendo."

((OOC: The first students to answer will win the house points. Only one answer per student. You cannot use Flipendo as an answer.))
Professor Black
Professor Black

Back to top Go down

Defense Intro First Lesson (Open to Defense Intro Students Only) Empty Re: Defense Intro First Lesson (Open to Defense Intro Students Only)

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:59 am

I, Jen, or J for short am very very excited to go to my first class. I takes me some time befor I find the classroom, so when I enter most of the desks wher full. Thair was a large chalk board that red Defense Intro. The door closed and class started.
"Hello. I'm Professor Black, and I'll be your Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Now, before we begin, does anyone know some of the main reasons for this class being taught?" He asks. One of the kids in the frunt rised thair hand and gave an answer.
"Good. Five points to your house. Now, let's move on, shall we?" He walks between the aisles. "Now, one of the first things I'm going to teach you is defensive spells. Can anyone name any?"
I rised my hand and was called on, "Expelliarmus?" I say a little unsher of my answer.

Back to top Go down

Defense Intro First Lesson (Open to Defense Intro Students Only) Empty Re: Defense Intro First Lesson (Open to Defense Intro Students Only)

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:15 am

This too is my first class. I'm Cayden Young and unfortunately I got separated from the other first years in Ravenclaw and had to try and find the classroom by myself. Ten minutes to my luck I found the classroom and took the last available seat, just on time.
"Hello. I'm Professor Black, and I'll be your Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." I only heard him say the welcome as I became to distracted with what the classroom looked like. Unfortunately missing the first question I also missed the first points. I had to focus!
"Now, one of the first things I'm going to teach you is defensive spells. Can anyone name any?"
I raised my hand and waited as other people were faster. Once I was called on I said, "Protego?" I thought I've heard the spell once or twice so hopefully my memory was right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:21 pm

After rushing through the halls nervous about being late to class, which appeared to be a typical first year behavior, I entered the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. Professor Black was welcoming, despite the fact that something about him that I could not place sent chills up my spine. I looked around the room trying to decide where to sit. I did not recognize anyone at first glance, but there was so many students wandering around for a seat it was hard to see everyone. I settled for a seat in the middle feeling it was a safe choice. Soon after class began. Professor Black asked a few questions, which I kept quiet through being I had no knowledge of magic until I got my letter to Hogwarts. Then he introduced our first spell, Flipendo.
“Now, everyone choose a partner, and take turns practicing with Flipendo,” Professor Black instructed.
Some of the students were immediately choosing there partners. I turned around in my seat and saw a hufflepuff girl who did not seem to belong to a pair yet. “Hi I'm Kiera, want to be partners?” I said hopefully.
“Hi I, Jen, or J for short would love love love if we paired up,” she said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anyla Aera Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:20 pm

I enter the class alone, avoiding Trylin at all costs. When class begins, the teacher says, "Now, before we begin, does anyone know some of the main reasons for this class being taught?"
I raise my hand. "Because there are many dark creatures, and now wizards out there who threaten us, and we need to know how to protect ourselves?"
"Good. Five points to your house." He goes on to talk about defensive spells and we all pair up. I wind up with Trylin since everyone else gets a partner. "Ready?" he asks. I smile. If I can get this spell, I'll be able to knock him over. It would make me smile at least. "I'll go easy on you," he smiles cockily.
I yell "Flipendo!" and he goes flying backwards with more force than was really necessary.

Anyla Aera

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Anyla knocks me backwards really hard, and I hit a wall. I groan in pain.
"Careful now, not so much force," Professor Black calls to Anyla from the front, but I can see he's smirking.
I stand and cry, "Flipendo!" and she flies backwards as well, though not as hard. She glares at me as she stands up, brushing herself off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:53 pm

I am pared with a girl named Kiera. I fell like she is really nice and am glad glad glad we are partners. I prepare to try my first spell at Hogwarts, but then a boy is knocked into the wall. Kiera and I shair a nervous look befor trying the spell.
"Flipendo!"I say. She stumbles tring to keep balence, and does after a molment.
"hem hem" Kiera clears her throat, and says "Flipendo!" sudenly I cant stay standing and fall. I look at Kiera and smille for two resons. 1 I was not knocked into the wall, and 2 she was able to do the spell. I stand ready to try agen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:32 am

Seeing that I'm left without a partner, yet not discouraged as I've been the new kid at many schools too, my mind begins to wander off. Seeing everyone else either hitting walls or stumbling I wonder what would happen if I tried to use flipendo on myself. So of course being curious I decide to try. I yell "Flipendo" while pointing the wand at myself. I fell to the ground with more force than I was expecting, learning that I won't ever try that again. The rest of the class is looking at me with confusion, and the professor runs up to me asking if I'm alright. After I say that I'm fine, he tells the class to learn from my mistake and not try spells on yourself and wait for a partner next time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down