Hogwarts Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginner Potions Week 2

2 posters

Go down

Beginner Potions Week 2 Empty Beginner Potions Week 2

Post by Professor Marshbanks Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:26 pm

I watch with interest as the younger students file in. Most of them grumble about the homework assigned in transfiguration or mutter about the sanity of the divination professor. I really don't like her. Unfortunately the expression on their faces is generally one of boredom or discouragement. Try as I might, the potions class just lacks the instantaneous thrill and hands on experience of casting spells. Considering this, I decide to start off with a few well-earned (if slightly exaggerated) words of encouragement. “Those potions you made last week were extraordinary considering your skill level. I think you’re more than ready to move on. For this week, we have the forgetfulness potion,” I pronounce, waving my hand as the recipe appears on the board. “Now, I’m going to let you in on a little secret. The forgetfulness potion presumably makes a person forget things. Unfortunately, the fumes created through the process of making this potion often causes the potioneer to forget what step they were on. So, here’s the secret: to counter this effect, a wizard may do one of two things (a) drink a memory potion beforehand or (b) write down every step they’ve done as they do it. I understand this will be quite a challenge so I want everyone to write down any thoughts they would like to remember and what steps they are on as they make this. Begin.”
Deciding to follow my own advice as the fumes kick in, I take my seat and begin scribbling away.
Forgetfulness potions are...
Professor Marshbanks
Professor Marshbanks

Back to top Go down

Beginner Potions Week 2 Empty Re: Beginner Potions Week 2

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:46 am

I began making the potion. I had gathered my ingredients and started taking notes. It was a simple process for the most part the only problem would be.......um........ right, the step of keeping time. The ingredients had to be added.......at.......different intervals. Maybe I should use a charm or something, I thought as I continued brewing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anyla Aera Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:49 am

I sigh. As if I'm not forgetful enough already! I wonder if anyone in here knows the bubblehead charm so that I could just breathe fresh air the entire time, but seeing as it's fourth or fifth year magic, I doubt anyone would know. I sigh again and begin writing down all the steps and I check them off as I go.

Anyla Aera

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:47 am

As I begin writing the steps down I hear frustration in the classroom. It seems someone had forgotten to write down their steps before beginning the potion therefore leaving them forgetful. This is why you listen to the teacher....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:22 pm

I dig throgh my stuff for a quill and parchment to wright down the steps. I start to wright but forget what I wanted to wright. Oh well I will just start on the potion. I ceep ading ingredence hopeing the potion will tern out ok. Looking arond my potion looks the same as everyone elses, so I just ceep going. What potion are we making anyway I cant seem to remember.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum