Hogwarts Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginner Potions

2 posters

Go down

Beginner Potions Empty Beginner Potions

Post by Professor Marshbanks Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:21 pm

"Many people think that potions is a boring topic consisting of just reading out of a book. They couldn't be more wrong. Potions does not have the instant gratification of a spell- if you want something to come to you, yell "Accio" and it will be there- however, an expert potionsmaster can save a life or stop it, make one appear older or younger, and make good and bad days all fit in a bottle no larger than an inkwell.
"Think of it as a trade off- with a spell, you can get something quick and easy but with a little extra time, or a lot (depending on the potion), the possibilities are nearly endless."
I wave my wand and the potion recipe appears behind me, on the chalk board. "We'll start with something easy today. A simple beautification potion. Many of you don't know that Sacharissa Tugwood, a student at Hogwarts in it's earlies days, designed this potion. It can be used for disguises as well as a better substitue for muggle "makeup," a substance non-magic folk smear on their skin." Many of the wizard born students shutter or grimace at this. "When you're done, bring one bottle to me and keep one for yourself."
As all of the students hustle to begin their first potion, I sit down to keep working on my book, There's a Potion For That.
Beautifying potions, which greatly resemble muggle makeup in intent can serve as both self-esteem boosters and demeaning...
Professor Marshbanks
Professor Marshbanks

Back to top Go down

Beginner Potions Empty Re: Beginner Potions

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:45 pm

For some reason I always loved how the hard work of brewing Potions yielded great benefits. Just like Professor Marshbanks said, it wasn't something like you got quick. It took time and effort and hard work. Maybe the resemblance to music helped me do so well. Music could never be rushed or else it would become a sloppy mess. Just like Potions, you could never rush an amazing Potion or risk the consequences. I started to go to work on the potion, gathering ingredients and everything necessary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:23 am

I whent to work on my potion motavated by the professors intro. I gather my ingredients, and spred them out in frunt of me naming each one so to lessin the chance of messing up.Next I get to work after most of the ingredients are in the color of my potion is black. Why would a beautifying potion be black? I look look look arond the room no one elses potion is black. I pop some pomegranate seeds in my mouth to help me think. What did I mess up on? Not thinking of any thing I just put some pomegranates into the potion. I look down at my potion suprised the coler looks much more like everyone elses but I did not falow the right steps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:35 am

I finished my part in creating the potion and now time had to take over. It was a basic potion so there wasn't a huge amount of time needed but it was a potion and potions required patience. I saw J looking kind of confused so I moved over. "What's up Jen?" I asked looking at her puzzled looked.
"Well, my potion looked wrong and I was a bit worried." She admitted but when I checked her potion the coloring was only a little off.
"Don't worry it looks like it's coming along just nicely," I reassured her and moved back to my potion. Just a bit more time and then it will be ready, I thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:46 am

I came into the room amazed at all of the ingredients and potions across the room. I managed to find all of the ingredients with a little help from others and put them into what I believed was the correct order that they should go in. After throwing the first couple ingredients the potion looked somewhat promising, but it seemed something was missing. I realized that the catepillar was missing. Thinking to myself I wondered how a catepillar could possibly be used in a beautfication potion....

Back to top Go down

Post by Anyla Aera Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:24 pm

I smile as I begin my potion. "This is a good class," I decide. Potion making isn't simple, but it's certainly interesting. I check to make sure the color is correct, and then I add in the last few ingredients. I look over at Trylin's (he's still following me around and sitting by me so that Kain can't) and it looks an awful, acid green color. "I think yours is wrong," I say softly.
He groans. "I'm terrible at this..."
"No you aren't," I say. I add in a few more of the ingredients, and it changes to the right color.
"How'd you do that?" he asks.
"I dunno. I just kinda knew what it needed." I look down, puzzled as well.

Anyla Aera

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:43 pm

I looked over at Anyla and Trylin, At least he isn't starting anything in this class, I thought. I chuckled to myself as Anyla aided him by the look of the situation. It was funny how he was always trying to impress her and show off but yet he was always asking for assistance. I just ignored him as much as I could while I focused on getting this task correct. My potion looked just about ready but I wanted a second opinion. I put some into a flask and carried it up to Professor Marshbanks.
"Professor, how do you think it looks?" I asked trying to be a bit confident.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anyla Aera Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:51 pm

I look over at Kain, who is laughing a bit. I notice he's looking at Trylin, and I realize he's probably amused with Trylin's pathetic potion making skills and how I had to help him. I smile a little to as I fill a flask and confidently bring it to the teacher. "Finished Professor Marshbanks," I smile.

Anyla Aera

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:20 pm

I sigh as I mix my potion. Anyla fixed it so that I won't fail, but I feel dumb for not making it right. I knew I put the ingredients in there wrong so that she would help me, but now I just look like an idiot. I even see that Slytherin chuckling. Anyla sees too, and starts to smirk. I'm so stupid...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:06 pm

After getting the caterpillar my potion actually looks okay and I didn't even have to ask for any help. Surprisingly nothing blew up! I ask Professor Marshbanks if it looks alright and she says it does so I decide to turn it in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:20 pm

As I sat listening to the Professor I felt an eagerness to try potion making myself. Once she released us to get our ingredients I got straight to work. I was always very careful with my work and there was to be no exception here. I carefully sliced the roots and measyred out the drops of pumpkin juice. I was only about halfway done with my potion and I noticed a few of the others were already done with their potion. Eventually I finished with only to other students lingering, but I was proud of my work. I left the classroom in a good mood with my new makeup in my hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down