Hogwarts Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advanced Potions Day 1

Go down

Advanced Potions Day 1 Empty Advanced Potions Day 1

Post by Professor Marshbanks Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:44 pm

I always like to start out my advanced class with something that will leave the students chattering about it afterwards. Two years ago, I had given small samples of this potion out to the students during the ball. This year, my advanced kids would be making some. As the students settle in, I walk to the table in front of the classroom. A small covered cauldron sits in the center, its lid wobling as if about to burst.
"Felix Felices," I say as I pull of the lid. The entire classroom gasps. They know what this is.
"On your parchment write down a few of the times when the potion is banned and the negative effects of taking this potent potion too often or too much of it. And then..." (pause for dramatical effect), "turn to page 397 to begin brewing your own luck. Good luck." I say, smiling at the pun and then resuming my seat to continue jotting down notes for my book.
((OOC: pm the answers to me))
This is one potion that truly needs governing. Too much stimulates a euphoria similar to the recorded effects of muggle drugs which inhibit one's judgement. It's tricky and easy to mess up recipe does it's own job on regulating the intake, however, it is apparent that additional laws are needed to determine when Felices' use is appropriate. Some wizards have even argued that it should be banned altogether. However, this arguement, as stated by Merlin, is fallible as it...
Professor Marshbanks
Professor Marshbanks

Back to top Go down

Advanced Potions Day 1 Empty Re: Advanced Potions Day 1

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:26 pm

I arrive to potions late, as usual, and take the last empty seat in the back of the classroom. I apologize to the professor for being late, and set up for the question. Sadly, I have no idea what Felix Felices is, being that this is my worst subject, and try to think of a believable answer..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:36 pm

I look over at Blake, who looks as if he's having a bit of trouble. And why shouldn't he? Felix Felicus is one of the hardest potions one can brew at our age. Professor Marshbanks has got to be mad if she thinks we can pull it off... I sigh and begin brewing the potion, sure that it will be horrid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:11 pm

Seeing Vareth struggling next to me, I rule out the thought of "helping" eachother. I decide to actually look in the textbook and see if they had any tips to brewing the Felix Felicus. Sadly I have never heard of half of the ingredients and therefore begin mixing random ingredients in my "potion." After a few minutes, my potion began to sizzle and then it exploded..... yep my year in potions is starting off well...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down