Hogwarts Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intermediate Class, Lesson One

Go down

Intermediate Class, Lesson One Empty Intermediate Class, Lesson One

Post by Professor Sanderson Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:49 am

I look up from my desk as students all come in. I smile up at them. "Good day to you all." I look back down. Do I do this one or... I think.
I make up my mind as the last few students come in and take their seats. "Welcome back. I hope you've all enjoyed summer. Now, straight to work. We're going to be Vanishing. Third years, this will be a tad difficult for you, but I have faith that in awhile you will learn it. Fourth and Fifth years, we will be working on this all year. These will be important on your O.W.L.S. and you'll need to know them perfectly by then. Now, you have snail shells on your desk in front of you. You are to vanish them using Evanesco. Just give it a tap, say the words and picture the snail disappearing from your sight. I know it's hard for the first day, and I don't expect success from many of you, but as I said, it will be an all year thing. I just want to give you a feel for it. Go."

((OOC: First two students to post saying they did it (no third years, sorry) will get fifteen points each.)
Professor Sanderson
Professor Sanderson

Back to top Go down

Intermediate Class, Lesson One Empty Re: Intermediate Class, Lesson One

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:11 am

I sigh as I begin my work. Transfiguration is my worst subject. I could never get the Vanishing spell to work last year, and I knew that this year would be no different. "And I've got my O.W.L.S. coming up soon..." I mutter to myself. I take a snail shell and place it in the center of my desk. I picture it disappearing before my eyes, and I tap it saying "Evanesco." I look down at the shell that is still there and sigh. "This is going to be a long year..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:17 am

I'm not exactly looking forward to this class, but I have to try. I point my wand at the shell, and say, "Evanesco." I grumbled, seeing the shell that's still there.
"God, this is hard." I say, but try again.
After about 10 tries, the shell kind of shimmers, so I think I may be getting there. Alright, let's try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:33 am

I'm sitting in my chair in the back of the classroom, trying to get my wand and my mind to connect.
"Evanesco." I say as my voice quivers, and the shell vibrates, but doesn't disappear.
"Evanesco." I say again, my voice much steadier. And the shell's gone!
"Yes!" I say under my breath
"Good job Luke!" I hear Retencia whisper behind me.
"Thanks." I say

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:49 pm

Transfiguration isn't one of my strong suits, but if I can conquer DADA, I think I can do this. I stare down my shell, and say
"Evanesco." Nothing. I stop what I'm doing, take a deep breath, and concentrate. I pick up my wand, and try again.
"Evanesco." Nada. The same thing happens every time I try it.
"Well, I guess I can't conquer all." I joke to myself, and laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:32 pm

I groan. Transfiguration is already my worst subject. Now she's giving us something third years can't even do? I sigh and tap the snail with my wand. "Evanesco..." Nothing happens. "Figures..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:45 pm

As I'm Sitting Next To Arora, The Teacher Gives Directions. I Look Up At the Teacher And Remember How She Does Everything. As She Says "Go.", I Pull Out My Wand, Tap The Snail With It, "Evanesco.", I Say As I Close My Eyes, Thinking Of The Snail Disappearing. I Open My Eyes And Notice That Half The Snail Was Gone, Only The Shell, I Giggle A Bit, Then Try It Again. I Picture The Snail Disappearing Completely, "Evanesco." I Tap The Snail. Then I Realize The Snail Is Gone, I Look Puzzled, Then I Look Up At Arora With My Mouth Open. "Wow, I Did It, Amazing!" I Smile As The Professor Comes Around And Notices.
"Good Job Ms. Yulough."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:22 pm

Transfiguration.... I thought with a smirk. I loved this subject and was surprisingly talented at it. Well it wasn't so surprising since I knew a little already but never the less. I listened carefully to the instructions and remembered last year. I had gotten half the shell to disappear and was close..... I took my wand out and set to work. I closed my eyes and steadied my breathing and tapped the shell lightly with my wand.
"Evanesco," I whispered opening my eyes slowly. I had accomplished half the shell but not a full vanish. Good, I at least have the same start as last year I thought. I give it another three tries getting more and more of the shell to disappear each time. The third time was the best, having accomplished a full vanishing spell. I smiled and turned to Xale who seemed to be having a bit of trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:32 pm

I glare at Auron a little, then soften my stare. "How do you do it?" I ask, poking my snail shell around.
"I don't know, it kinda just comes naturally, like Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts do for you."
I sigh. "I'll never make this thing disappear."
"You want help?" he asks.
I shake my head. "If I can't do it myself I don't deserve to be able to do it at all. I'll figure it out by my O.W.L.s."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:03 pm

"Alright, I'm always willing to help you. It would only be fair with the amount of help I receive in Charms," I admitted trying to lighten the mood a bit.
"It's alright, I'll get it with time and a little bit of practice," states Xale as he pokes his snail shell a bit more. I thought for half a second about playing a little joke on him but decided against it. If Xale was good at one thing it was getting someone back when they least expected. I watched as Retencia and Luke had accomplished the task but Arora was having a little trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:07 am

Xale seems to be having some troubles over at another table. Their relationship often seems to be more of a competition than a friendship. It takes me a few tries but I do manage to vanish the snail. Why are we using living things anyway? Isn't that a bit of animal cruelty?
I sit back and try to think of muggle vs. wizard animal protection. I really need someone more interesting to talk to...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:54 pm

This wasn't my favorite class of all, I didn't do terrible, but I didn't do great either. I guess, besides Divination which is a joke, this would be my worst subject. When we set to work on the vanishing spell, I could only seem to get my snails semi-transparent. I sighed in defeat and hoped that I could get help with the spell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:06 pm

I look over at Alithia, and laugh to myself, when I see it takes her even longer than me to vanish the snail. That girl really needs some help, I think to myself.
Not really paying attention to the rest of the the world, I start to think about Alithia, the Ravenclaw girl. Maybe she could use a little tutoring or something. I think
(OOC: good, Alithia? he sounds mean to me Sad )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:13 am

I walk into the classroom and take a seat next to Alithia, who seems to be having trouble with the task at hand.
After a few failed attempts of trying to make the shell disappear, and the professor looking anxious, I took matters into my own hands.
I took the snail shell and quickly dropped it into my pocket.
Well I thought, it disappeared all right, snickering quietly to myself...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:20 pm

Blake actually sits next to me, that's like, almost a friendly gesture. Wait a second... I look to the back of the classroom and see that there isn't any vacant seats. Of course, he sat next to me because his usual spot was taken and he sorta knows me. Still, it's an improvement and maybe I can get a few more sentences out of him. Now of course, it's a challenge and I have to devout my efforts to breaking Blake's silence bubble if it takes me the rest of the school year. I'm about to say something when I hear Luke snickering and looking at me. Who does he think he is? It only took me two more tries than him but he struts around acting like we should all bow before his superior wizarding powers. Honestly!
I notice Blake next to me "vanishing" his shell. The Prefect part of me is irate but the rest of me thinks it’s the most hilarious thing I’ve seen all day. As it’s been a stressful week, the hilarity of the situation wins out and I’m left awkwardly giggling at something no one besides Blake can understand…
((OOC: that's pretty good, Luke. He doesn't have ot be super mean, just conceited))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:29 pm

I sigh as I try and vanish the shell. I've never been great at Transfiguration, but I'm usually okay. The shell does nothing. Doesn't shimmer like some, doesn't change color, doesn't turn see through. Nothing. "Great..." I notice no one else really can do it who's my age, so I don't take it personally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:26 pm

I look over at Alithia, who is silently splitting a gut over my "vanishing" spell.
Well, I think to myself, at least I made somebody laugh with my failed attempt of Transfiguration, not that it will help my house at all...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down