Hogwarts Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intermediate Class Lesson 2

Go down

Intermediate Class Lesson 2 Empty Intermediate Class Lesson 2

Post by Professor Lockheart Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:25 pm

The students come in and resume their seats just as they have before. I look around and notice that they are ready to start. "Today class you get two spells for the price of one," I see some groan and others excited. "The majority of you got the Summoning Charm down rather easily, which is good because it's a basic charm. We will learn the counter-charm, which many of you probably guessed, is the Banishing Charm Depulso." I see a student raise their hand and ask why we would learn it if the spell was only used on levers or switches (ten points to whoever asks). "Very good question," I smile having a response ready. "It may not be a strong as a Flipendo spell but the Banishing Charm will cause you target to be, well Banished. You can push them here and there but I still recommend using Flipendo ." I conjure a few levers around the room, "You will practice on those and for our next spell, I have set a few pieces of parchment on your desks. We will use those to practice the Color Changing Charm. You will need this charm for your O.W.L s. Now the Banishing Charm is the same as the Summoning, simply point your wand at the object and say the incantation. The Color Changing Charm, simply tap the object say the incantation Multicorfors (sorry if wrong, couldn't find on Lexicon so I use Harry Wiki)."
Professor Lockheart
Professor Lockheart

Back to top Go down

Intermediate Class Lesson 2 Empty Re: Intermediate Class Lesson 2

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:05 pm

I listened to Professor explain the assignment and started to work on the Banishing Charm. It took me a few tries but after getting the Summoning Charm, this one seemed a bit easier. It was the Color Changing Charm that gave me problems. I couldn't quite get it to work. I imagined the parchment turning blue and kept repeating "Multicorfors" but it seemed that I could only get a small portion of the corner to turn a baby blue and not the royal Ravenclaw color.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:04 pm

Even though it took me awhile, I managed to get both of the charms. I look over and see Luke having trouble. Amber seems to be getting it, and Auron got the first spell, but was having trouble with the second spell.

(ooc: I got all of my characters in, because I don't have time to go on all separate accounts. Sorry it's not too detailed)

"Imagine the crest, Auron. Keep it in your mind." I say

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:27 am

I ponder on Arora's tip for a little and relax a bit, clearing my thoughts. I imagined the crest, a deep royal blue, and the parchment changing. I try again and about the third time I got the spell down. The parchment turned a nice royal blue and looked very nice. I turned to Arora and smiled, "Thanks Rory." She was giggling and I had a feeling Xale was the cause....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:01 am

I easily master the vanishing charm, but the color changing charm is a bit difficult. "Multicorfors," I say, but it just changes to a light light green, barely visible. I sigh. Xale should help me, I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:07 am

I quickly master both charms, and then decide to mess with Auron a little. His first attempt, I change the color to a light blue so that he thinks he's actually changed it a bit, then I change it to dark blue when Rory helps him.
This is fun, I think chuckling to myself. Then when Rory think's he's gotten it, I change the color to green.
"Xale," Auron says turning toward me, glaring. I burst out laughing, and he soon does the same.
"Just thought I'd have a bit of fun,"I say changing it to normal. "Now you can try for real."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:42 am

I figured it would happen sooner or later, so I wasn't as angry as I would of been. I take another deep breath trying to focus and I try again. This time about half the page is now a deep blue but I hear Arora laugh a little. I turn towards Xale who put his hands up. All of a sudden I saw a thread of black hanging just in sight of by eye. I grabbed my hair and pulled it down a bit and notice it's now black. Xale chuckles as I look at him.
"I couldn't help it," he says grinning. "At least you look a bit normal now." I glare at him a little more until Arora pats my head.
"It looks kind of cute," she says playfully.
"Yeah like Xale said, a bit normal," Luke jests and we all laugh a bit.
"The only bad part is I can't really see how it looks myself," I say still pulling bits down to see if there's still some white.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:46 am

I laugh and change it back to white. "Sorry man, I just had to."
He nods. "Don't worry about it. I'll get you back in Transfiguration somehow."
"I know you will, which is why I even bother. Otherwise I'd leave you alone. In this class at least." I get bored so I decide to change my hair to white. "Hey now we could be brothers," I joke. I then proceed to change Arora's hair to pink and Lukes to purple. "Much better."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:03 am

Xale's talents in Charms were endless and this was just proof. "You got the Charms O.W.L in the bag. I doubt you're going to have trouble at all."
"Yeah, you should tutor me," Arora comments while playing with her new hair.
"Thanks," Xale smiles. "I'm only really worried about Transfiguration."
"Eh, it's not too bad," I say trying to finish changing my parchment. "Just think of it like you do Charms. That's how I can usually get this done." I held up the now royal blue parchment.
"Yeah, but it's not always the same basic principles." Xale mentioned as he poked my forehead. "You say that only cause you do so well."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:07 am

I laugh. "I'll never really get the hang of Transfiguration, but I can at least pass the O.W.L. I think so long as I just try I should get an Acceptable."
Auron nods. "You're not the worst at Transfiguration. You're actually pretty decent. You just aren't amazing or incredible at it."
"And same for you in Charms. Though you're better in Charms than I am in Transfiguration..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:46 am

"That's because I accept help and tips from others," I noted nudging Xale in the side.
"Well, if I can't get it myself then I'll have to lean on you like a crutch all the time." Xale never really accepted help from me in the class but he would listen to tips here and there. And I could see his point.
"But what if you can't get it?" asked Arora frowning a little.
"Nah he practices in the common room on his free time," I admitted while trying to make a black striped in my hair. "It's how we normally practice spells to get them down."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:52 am

I get bored again and decide to distort the colors even further. I change Auron's hair green, his robes purple and yellow, and his skin orange. "That's a good look on you," I say moving on to Arora. I turn her purple with gold hair and silver clothes. "Luke, what colors would you like?" I ask.
"So you ask him but not us?" Arora asks.
"Yeah. He's nice to me. He gets to decide." I start laughing. "You hit me too much," I say pointing at Arora, "And you... well I like messing with you." I change my own hair dark blue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:23 am

"Fair enough," I said now trying to reverse at least my skin tone. I tried once and ended up turning a finger blue. After a few tries my arm was the same blue as my fingers.
"Yeah well still," Arora protests as she giggles at my attempts to perform the spell.
"I don't really mind as long as you cast them and not Auron," Luke joked. I turned and shot him a glare and we all laughed.
"I wouldn't trust myself either," I joked finally getting my body a full blue. Well it's a start at least, I thought before Xale changed it to a red color.
"I think I like practicing this spell," chuckles Xale as he continues to change the color of everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:00 pm

I sigh. Everyone goofs off way too much in charms. Anyway, I have a lot on my mind and Xale is really starting to annoy me, strutting around with his fanfare of girls. Last year he said we were like sisters. This year I don't even exist to him. I'm not jealous of any of the many girls- I most certainly have never seen him in that light- I just hate loosing a friend over a short-lived, pointless relationship. So, once I'm done with the spells (Xale isn't the only one who knows what he's doing), I perform a complicated color changing on the back of his robe that leaves a neon yellow letters "KICK ME." He doesn't notice and even if he did, I'm sitting in the back of the room pretending to be reading and we haven't even talked for a week so he'd never think it was me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down